React folder structure will teach you about the folder structure of react and what it contains.When we install create_react_app from https://github.com/facebook/create-react-app using npm following things happen
1. it download the structure for react
2. public/index.html is the page template
React folder Structure
- Holds all the dependencies and sub-dependencies
- React related dependencies are present in this folder like react,react-dom,react-scripts and react script related other dependencies.
- favicon.ico: it is favicon icon file.
- index.HTML : It is single page served by react at the end.Hence due to this file public folder is called root folder.
- manifest.json: It stores the information like name, icons, start_url, display, metadata etc of the application.
- It is container of source code
- This is place where all developer code is written
- We can create our own subdirectories inside this directory.
- Webpack rebuilds what it does for faster rebuilds it process only files within this folder
Some already exist files inside the src folder
- App.css : Which contains the css classes used by App.js
- App.js : Which is sample react componentc.
- App.test.js: Basically allow us to create unit test cases for different components
- index.css: Base styling for the application
- index.js: index.js has render call which imports App.js component which tells react where to render it.
- logo.svg : logo.svg is react logo
- registerServiceWorker.js : It is important for registering service,necessary for mobile React native apps
1.It has information like project name,version and dependencies.